The absolute perfect place for my precious girl, the staff are so wonderful that I feel she is safe and cared for when we are not there.
Losing a child is always hard to bear. In recognition of the special nature of a funeral or burial of a baby or child, GreenAcres Heatherley Wood provides carefully selected burial trees. These Snowdrop Trees provide a peaceful and tranquil place to say your final goodbyes.
PREGNANCY LOSS OF UNDER 24 WEEKS
We have selected a particularly beautiful area within the woodland which is dedicated to the interment of a pregnancy loss of under 24 weeks. Here a number of babies are interred and families are welcome to visit the area and lay flowers at the memorial tree if they wish. The actual interment is overseen by a member of our experienced staff and there is no permanent memorial.
This service is usually arranged in partnership with the relevant hospital and there is no charge.
BABIES AND CHILDREN AGED 0-5
By using specially selected ares of the park, we can offer dedicated trees called Snowdrop Trees that are reserved for the burial of babies and children up to the age of five. Families can choose a particular Snowdrop Tree to lay their little loved one to rest.
CHILDREN AGED 6-16
For children aged between 6 and 16 you can choose any available Burial Tree in the park.
A single wooden memorial post can be placed to mark the grave and we also offer full use of our ceremonial building should you wish to hold a service.
|Aged up to 2 years||No charge|
|Aged 2-3 years||£150|
|Aged 4-5 years||£450|
|Aged 6 – 16||60% of the full adult burial plot|
|Service in Meadow View Hall (1 hour)||£250|
WHAT’S INCLUDED IN THE PRICE OF A CHILD’S BURIAL?
- The exclusive rights to the burial plot
- Preparation of the grave and all administration costs
- The right to place a wooden memorial in line with park dimensions on the grave
- Staffing and administration before and after the service
- No extra charge for non-residency in the area
- Refreshments (tea and coffee) for guests in the Meadow View Hall following the service
- The use of the GreenAcres Heatherley Wood facilities
- A secure site, which is staffed during opening times
- Guidance and advice from our fully trained staff, who are committed to a compassionate, caring and personal service